Preparation tips for CBSE Class 12 Syllabus for Physics
Physics causes much anxiety and stress in the minds of class 12 students. Students find physics as the most difficult subject to prepare for the board exams and the competitive exams. But, by using the right strategies students can ace class 12 physics with flying colors. Students must use a comprehensive approach to prepare for CBSE Class 12 syllabus for physics. Consistent practice and hard work can help students to understand the concepts of physics and score high marks in the board exams and the competitive exams. Students must understand the concepts, analyze the concepts, and apply theorems to the problems. They should learn to apply correct formulas for solving different numerical problems. Students need to make a proper study plan for CBSE class 12 physics. They have to cover the entire syllabus before the exams and score high marks in the exams.
Tips to prepare Class 12 syllabus for physics
Students can follow the given tips to prepare the class 12 syllabus for physics. The tips given here can help students to prepare for the board exams and the competitive exams simultaneously.
Understand the syllabus
The first step to start preparation is that students must know the syllabus for class 12 physics. They can make a study plan if they are aware of the syllabus. They can divide the time accordingly based on the total number of chapters in class 12 physics. Therefore, students must update themselves with the latest syllabus prescribed by the CBSE for class 12 physics. The syllabus for class 12 physics is the same for the competitive exams and the board exams. Therefore, if students prepare for the class 12 board exams they can also prepare for the competitive exams.
Follow the NCERT books
Students must start their preparation using the NCERT books for class 12 physics. The NCERT books are the best source of information for the students to prepare for class 12 physics. Therefore, students must thoroughly read all chapters given in the NCERT books. Each topic is explained in detail and easy language so that students can understand the concepts of physics easily. Students must set a target to complete a particular number of chapters in a week. This will help them to cover the entire syllabus for class 12 physics in a stipulated time. This can also help them to spare time for revision before the exams.
Sample papers for CBSE class 12 physics
Students can find sample papers for CBSE class 12 physics on the internet. They can start solving sample papers one by one. Students can either solve sample papers for each chapter separately or they can also solve sample papers based on the entire syllabus for Class 12 physics. This will help students to gain confidence and analyze their preparation for class 12 physics. Students can identify their mistakes and they can also know their weak areas in physics. They can work on the weak areas and can work hard to improve them.
Previous year’s question papers for CBSE class 12 physics
Students can also download previous year’s question papers for CBSE class 12 physics from the internet. They can solve the previous year’s question papers to know the type and pattern of the questions asked in the final board exams. Solving previous year’s question papers will also help students to manage time in the paper. They can also know the difficulty level of the questions asked in the final exam. Students can also know the important chapters and they can focus more on the important topics for the exams.
Make short notes
Students must make short notes on class 12 physics chapters. Students can write important points, formulas, definitions, and principles in a notebook for doing a quick revision before the final exams. Writing important formulas in a notebook can also help students to remember the formulas and definitions for a long time. They can keep the notebook handy to revise all important concepts during the exams.
Solving numerical problems in CBSE class 12 physics
The numerical form is an important part of the CBSE class 12 syllabus for physics. Students have to solve numerical problems based on different topics. Students have to use different formulas and strategies for solving numerical problems. Students should learn easy and simple methods for solving numerical problems in class 12 physics. They should regularly practice numerical problems to enhance their calculation speed.
Chapter-wise tips for CBSE Class 12 syllabus for physics
Physics is based on conceptions and students must understand the concept behind every topic. They can easily prepare the Class 12 syllabus for physics using different strategies. They can follow the given tips to prepare individual topics of class 12 physics:
- Semiconductors and Atoms and Nuclei are based on mathematical calculations. Students should start preparing these two chapters if they do not like too many calculations. The two chapters can be covered quickly in the beginning.
- Next, students should focus on the Dual Nature of Radiation and Communication system. These two chapters carry 4 and 3 marks respectively in the final exams. Therefore, students can easily remember the main concepts of these two chapters.
- Optics is the most important topic for class 12 physics. It carries a weightage of 14 marks in the final exams. It is divided into ray optics and wave optics. Ray optics is easy to learn whereas wave optics is a bit complicated but regular practice can help students to learn wave optics as well.
- Current and Electricity is also an important chapter from the exam’s point of view and it carries 7 marks in the final exam.
- Electrostatics and Magnetism is a lengthy chapter and needs maximum time for preparation. Students must practice circuit diagrams in this chapter.
- EMI is also an important unit and it is a scoring topic. Therefore, students must focus on this unit properly to score high marks.
- Students must practice Ray diagrams to score good marks in the class 12 physics paper.
Thus, students of class 12 can use the above preparation tips for CBSE class 12 physics to score high marks. They can stay focused and consistent in their studies to achieve their goals in life.