Hi, guys in this article we will discussing one thing I think is important in photography. And that’s how to unblur an image. Several times we take a shot of an object during work or casually. And then later discover the image aren’t as clear as we want them to be.
You see if you are still close to the object you can re-take the shot. But what if it’s not an object or the object itself has been moved. Or you feel you can’t get the perfect angle again. Or you took a shot of a moment you find an interesting well that moment won’t repeat itself.
This is where how to unblur the image comes in. I have had people talk about how the pictures they took on a road trip or an event were a blur and they don’t know what to do about the blurred images. This issue further motivated me to make research and I’ve come out with nice solutions that can help you unblur that image you love.
Well just follow me and discover how to do it. And to surprise you, you don’t have to be a professional to be able to use these methods I found. I, however, employ you to finish reading to know which is best for you.
Simple Ways On How To Unblur An Image
As I have earlier stated there are several ways to unblur images. Mind you some are free while others may be paid for. You can also use your mobile phones to carry out some of these methods. But I will focus chiefly on using PCs.
Note: Please I will advise you to make a backup for the image or photo you want to unblur. Just in case you end up making it worse than the original
Photoshop has a lot of amazing tools that you can use to unblur images. Though it’s paid for. But if you don’t have the amount to pay and enjoy these tools. Scroll down to check other methods. I have found out that there are three ways you can use to unblur images using Photoshop. Just follow.
Fix blur images using Photoshop Elements.
Before trying this method. Just want you to know that this takes a little adjusting. But works perfectly well.
- Open your image in Photoshop element.
- Select the filter menu and then enhance.
- Select the unsharp mask
- Adjust both the radius and amount until your image is unblurred or clear.
Fix blur images by just using Photoshop.
- Open your Image in Photoshop.
- Duplicate the background later and select.
- Then select a filter, other, and high pass and set it to 10%.
- Select the blend mode for the layer to hard light and adjust the opacity until your image is clear.
For those with a newer version of Photoshop, you can try using the camera shake reduction to unblur your image. How just follow these steps.
- Open your image in Photoshop
- Then select a filter, sharpen, and shaken reduction.
- Then allow Photoshop to do its magic.
- After this process preview the difference between the old and the edited one.
2. Microsoft Paint
Microsoft Paint is a graphics drawing program that is included in the Microsoft Window operating system. This tool is free unlike Photoshop and can be used to sharpen your blurry image. To be able to use Microsoft Paint, just follow these simple steps.
- Click the window button. Go to paint and launch it. ‘Ctrl + O button at the same time. Then browse through the files on your computer. Select the image and open it in the program.
- Click the ‘Layer’ and the ‘Duplicate’ button on the screen to create a ‘layer’ Click on the “Adjust“. This will open the dialog box for options.
- Adjust the “clipping,” “radius” and “strength” of the mask, depending on how much importance you want to give to the picture. The settings of this menu will vary depending on the quality and size of the picture you are unblurring. The dialog box will help determine the correct settings. Apply a radius setting at 2 to 3 pixels and a strength of 100. Change clipping to 10. Adjust all the features until you feel satisfied with the result. Click the “OK” button to apply the changes.
- Adjust opacity with the slider bar on the “Unsharp Mask” layer. Adjust until you reach the desired sharpness in the picture. An opacity of 60 to 70 percent is usually best. Click on the “layer selection“, on “Merge” and on “Merge All Flatten” to create the final image.
Another method I’ve found is blurry. This method is also done on your computer. Blurity is easy to use tool in fixing your blur images. When you first run the program it directs you to an interactive tutorial that helps give you steps on how to unblur your images. Their webpage has more comprehensive tutorials and videos to help you learn quickly. Now let’s see how to unblur images on blurity.
- First import the image you want to unblur
- Select the areas of the image you want to make clear and press the ‘Process’ button.
- You can also adjust the severity slider and other sliders for precise control.
Mind you this method always leaves a watermark after the editing. But if you don’t like the watermark, I advise getting tools that remove watermarks from images. However, if you think you can go through this try other methods on the list.
SmartDeblur is an amazing tool use to unblur images. A very simple tool. How to get it. Just go to their website and download the version for your computer. After doing that follow these few steps below.
- Locate and drag the image you want to unblur to the application window.
- Use the blur parameters to modify the blur portion of the image.
- Select the defect type. Then slide the radius and the smooth bar until the image becomes clear according to you.
Well if you aren’t satisfied with the above methods. Then try GIMP. GIMP is a free tool to unblur your images. You can also download the application on your PC of whichever version you are using. So let’s see the steps to take on using GIMP.
- Open GIMP and open the image you want to unblur.
- On the toolbar select sharpen
- You can tap the portion of the image to make it sharper.
- After doing the above methods correctly you will notice a change in the image.
Fotor is an online tool for photo editing. This online tool has a lot of amazing tools you can use. All you have to do is to move to the Basic tool on the left menu. On this menu there is a sharper slider option, scaling blur down. This you can use to fix your blur images.
7. Photo Sharpener
Photo Sharpener is not one of the greatest tools on this list but it does its job. It uses an algorithm to sharpen your Image. All you have to do is to upload the blur images to the website. Then select the sharpen button. After doing that the website does the rest. And bring the final result for you to see. And if you aren’t satisfied, you can always redo the process till you are satisfied.
The last method I will be discussing is for those who love using smartphones to make edits. The Snapseed is an excellent app available for both iPhone and Android users. These are the steps.
Open your image using the Snapseed app.
Select Details from the menu option.
Select Sharpen or Structure, then either unblur the image or increase the detailing using the structure option.
That’s it, all these methods are excellent in their ways. All you have to do is to select the one you think is easy for you to use. Almost all are free tools. And this method can be used by both amateurs and professional photographers. Well, help me know which method I left out in the comment box below.