Class 10 Hindi: How to prepare for the board examinations
Hindi is one of the subjects that will be blacklisted by the students during their board examinations preparation all the time. Generally, students will have a common notion that it is just a language. Students would think that it is either not as tough as remembering formulas in maths or as difficult as solving problems in physics or chemistry. Since it is not tough and there is no need of remembering any complex things, they would think that they can write the Hindi exam easily. But the fact is, language papers are hard to score. Surely, you might have heard about the students who got 100% in maths or physics, chemistry. But we can rarely hear about the students who score 98% in Hindi or English?
Because the reason is quite simple. It is hard to score 100% in language papers. So, students must prepare for the Hindi final board exam seriously like the other subjects.
CBSE Hindi class 10 syllabus:
To prepare for the class 10 board examinations, NCERT Hindi books are the right choice. NCERT books for class 10 have 4 books. I.e. Kshitij, Sparsh, Krithika, Sanchyan Bhag-2. Kshtiji and Krithika are for the Hindi course A. Sparsh and Sanchayan Bhag-2 are for the Hindi course B. The Students can also refer to NCERT books for class 10 pdf on the internet.
Kshtiji-2: Kshtiji-2 is the main course textbook for Hindi class 10 course-A. The book consists of 17 chapters with the lessons of both prose and poems. This book is mainly focused on giving literature knowledge with contextual lessons. This book includes 8 prose and 9 poem lessons. The book includes lessons from the poets like Surdas, Tulsidas, Dev, Jayasahnakar prasad, Surykant Tripathi Nirala, Nagarjun, Girija Kumar Mathur, and some other prominent poets and authors.
Sparsh: This book is considered to be the main textbook for the Hindi course-B. This book also includes 17 important lessons. This book is compiled with poems from well-known poets like Kabir, Meera Bhai, Bihari, Mythili Saran Gupta, Sumitra Nandan Pant, etc. It includes the lessons from famous authors like Prem Chand, Rabindranath Thakur, Habib Tanvir, etc.
Krithika: Krithika book includes 5 chapters and every story in this book is one of its kind. “Mata ka Aanchal ”, “Jarj pancham ki naak”, “ Saana-Saana hath jodi ”, “Mai kyu likhta hu” are the lessons of the book. At the end of each chapter, you can find questions to practice and to understand the characters, story much better.
Sanchayan Bhag-2: The book is the supplementary textbook for the class 10 Hindi course B. “Harihar kaka “, “Sapno ke se din”, “Topi Shukla” are the lessons in this book.
Apart from the textbook’s lessons, grammar is considered to be an important aspect of language papers. So grammar topics included in CBSE class 10 syllabus are
- Varn Vichchhed
- Shabd aur Pad
- Vakya Shuddhi
- Sarthak Shabd
- Vilom Shabd
- Paryayvachi Shabd
- Shabd Vichar
- Kriya Visheshan
- Sambandh Bodak
- Samuchchay Bodhak |
- Rachna Ke Aadhar Par Vakya Bhed
- Pad Parichay
- Vaakya Ashudhhi Shodhan
- Chitra Varnan
- Anekarthi Shabd
- Anuched Lekhan
- Samvad Lekhan
- Vigyapan Lekhan
- Suchana Lekhan
- Essay writing
- Patra Lekhan
Class 10 revised question paper pattern: With the effect of the Covid-19 Pandemic, the CBSE board has come up with a new revised syllabus and new question paper pattern.
- The question paper consists of 17 questions divided into two sections i.e. Section-A and section-B
- Each section carries 40 marks. Thus the total marks of the question paper are 80 marks
- There will be Multiple choice types of questions in section-A
- There will be descriptive questions in section -B
- In section-A, 9 questions are asked. The 9 questions include seen passages, unseen passages, grammar, passages from the chapters of the main textbook
- In section B, 8 questions are asked. The questions include questions from the main textbook and supplementary textbook will be asked. Along with that, questions regarding notice writing, letter writing, easy writing, advertisement writing, etc will be asked.
- The choice will be given in writing some questions in sections A and B
How must students prepare for class 10 Hindi board examinations?
- Since NCERT is made according to the CBSE syllabus, there can be no preparation other than NCERT Hindi textbooks. Practice all the exercises at the end of the lessons available in both the main course and supplementary textbooks.
- Practice previous year question papers: Practising previous year question papers is important to get familiar with the question paper pattern of the exam, to know the kind of questions asked in every section, etc. Students can also refer to the sample papers for class 10 Hindi on the internet.
- Practice grammar: Since grammar is the sine qua non for any language paper, it is important to put more focus on grammar concepts.
- Underline the important vocabulary: While you are reading the lessons from NCERT books, underline important vocabulary, expressions that you have come across. If you are unaware of that important vocabulary, get familiar with them. There are high chances for them to appear in the exam.
- Practice giving a good paper presentation: To get a high score, a good paper presentation is very necessary. If you are through with your preparation, then paper presentation is like a feather to the cap. It gives you the chance to increase your scores. It is the same for any subject. But for language papers like Hindi and English, the paper presentations will be given more priority. So, practice more to present your paper neatly and effectively.
Conclusion: Though students would think scoring in Hindi subjects is just a piece of cake, it is not actually though. For class 10 students in order to increase their scores, every subject score does matter a lot. No subject can be taken lightly just because it is easy which is not actually. If you are a student who wants to get good scores in your board examinations, then do follow the above things to get the best scores in your Hindi exam.
The plagiarism link is here.